Children and Young People Portfolio
Purpose of committee
The Portfolio Holder for Children and Young People is a Member of the Executive and decides on matters relating to:
· the Council’s responsibilities as an education authority;
· the provision of opportunities for education, training and learning outside the school environment (involving young people), including pre-school learning;
· leisure and cultural opportunities for children and young people
· e.g. play, parks, sport and the arts;
· services to keep children safe on the road;
· social work for children and young persons, children with special needs, fostering and adoption and family support services.
Some decisions on the above subjects are delegated to appropriate officers.
- Councillor Ernest Noad (Chairman)
Support officer: Kerry Nicholls. 020 8313 4602
W86, West Wing
Bromley Civic Centre
Phone: 020 8313 4602
Fax: 020 8290 0608