Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. It be noted that the updated proposals for the HWBC on the site of the Adventure Kingdom and that previous proposals as approved by the Executive, Resources and Contracts at its meeting on 9th February 2022 will not be proceeding.
2. Approval be given to agree the updated proposals with the ICB for delivery of the project on behalf of the ICB such as design, procurement, terms, management and funding, as set out in sections 3.2 to 3.18 of this report, as necessary to proceed and to approve the intention to continue to work in partnership with the ICB, noting that the ICB continues to provide a cost indemnity for the Council’s costs in respect of the project.
3. Authority be delegated to the Director of Housing, Planning, Property and Regeneration in consultation with the Director of Finance, the Director of Corporate Services and the Resources, Commissioning and Contract Management Portfolio Holder, to determine and finalise, as detailed in sections 3.2 to 3.18, all necessary commercial terms, financial arrangements and to deal with publicising, if appropriate, any Open Space Notices and considering representations received and reporting to Members as necessary, and prior to or in conjunction with the proposed report at 2.4 below.
4. Approval be given for proceeding to procurement, via a compliant joint procurement arrangement with the ICB as set out in paragraph 3.12 to 3.16, for the main works contractor for the refurbishment of the HWBC site at an estimated cost of £6,500,000 (with cost indemnity for the works provided by the ICB). Noting that a formal decision on contract award (and associated contract novations) as set out in paragraphs 3.12 to 3.16 will be presented to Executive in due course prior to the commencement of contract.
5. Authority be delegated to the Assistant Director of Legal Services to enter into all relevant legal agreements as detailed in paragraphs 3.12 to 3.16 of the report and any other necessary ancillary legal documentation relating thereto, including (but not limited to):
· The project agreement;
· The Section 2 agreement;
· Agreement for lease and lease; and
· Option agreement.
6. It be noted that the ICB programme envisages construction commencement in June 2023 for completion in March 2024 in order to secure funding. Should there be significant delays to the ICB programme then the Council will need to consider whether it should proceed at that time.
7. Officers provide regular updates to Executive, Resources and Contracts PDS Committee on the ICB’s progress with the project.
Report author: Darren Essex
Publication date: 01/12/2022
Date of decision: 30/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 30/11/2022 - Executive