Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) The draft transport policy be agreed for public consultation and the proposed transport initiatives recommended for progression in the report be endorsed.
(2) The introduction of Personal Transport Budgets and revisions to the mileage payment scheme be agreed.
(3) The development of the Independent Travel Training Service be endorsed.
(4) The retention of existing discretionary transport support for children under statutory school age be agreed.
(5) The introduction of a vacant seat payment scheme where families who are not entitled to transport may purchase the use of available seats on a vehicle accessing their school where appropriate be agreed.
(6) The transformation efficiency gains outlined in this report, required to deliver the medium-term financial plan for the Council, be noted.
(7) Authority be delegated to the Director of Education to take a decision to implement the proposed policy changes in consultation with the Children, Education and Families Portfolio Holder following formal consultation and feedback relating to the proposed Transport Policy changes.
Report author: Scott Bagshaw
Publication date: 04/07/2022
Date of decision: 29/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 29/06/2022 - Executive