Venue: Bromley Civic Centre
Contact: Graham Walton 020 8461 7743
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors William Huntington-Thresher and Angela Page – both joined the meeting online.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
AFFORDABLE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT PROJECT YORK RISE AT YORK RISE, ORPINGTON PDF 464 KB
Farnborough and Crofton ward
Report HPR 2022/003
The report provided an update on scheme funding in relation to York Rise, including increased funding from the Greater London Authority (GLA). This would enable MAR Ltd, the appointed design and build contractor, to proceed with the construction of 35 affordable homes at York Rise, Orpington, BR6 8PR. The scheme was granted planning permission at the December 2021 Development Control Committee. The Chairman of Executive, Resources and Contracts PDS Committee had given consent for this report to be taken under Budget and Policy Framework Procedure Rules - Rule 4 of the Urgency Procedure, given the significance in additional funding plus the importance of affordable housing at this critical time.
The report was scrutinised by Renewal, Recreation and Housing PS Committee at its meeting on 26th January 2022, and the Committee supported the proposals.
Councillor Charles Joel attended the meeting as ward member for Farnborough and Crofton. He welcomed the provision of additional housing units for local people, but summarised a number of concerns relating to the site and its history. He considered that some of the problems with the site - the challenging ground levels, the abandoned air raid shelters and the retaining wall, could have been investigated and addressed at an earlier stage.
A statement was read out from Cllr Christopher Marlow, Chairman of Executive, Resources and Contracts PDS Committee and ward member for Farnborough and Crofton. The statement is attached to these minutes as Appendix A.
Members were concerned at the increase in the cost of the scheme, but considered, on balance, that it was still viable and would provide very useful new housing for local families. Members were assured that senior officers would keep a close eye on the project and its costs – an Employer’s Agent would be appointed, and the Renewal, Recreation and Housing Portfolio Holder would be kept closely informed of progress.
(1) The progress of the project be noted as set out within the report.
(2) A supplementary capital estimate of £3,174k be approved as set out in the accompanying Part 2 Report, under the Budget and Policy Framework Procedure Rule 4 of the Urgency procedure.
(3) The revised financing of the scheme be approved as set out in paragraph 8.5 of the report, noting that there is no change to the internal loan of £6,064k from the General Fund to the Housing Revenue Account.
(4) It is noted that the land appropriation value has been set by independent valuation at £390k.
(5) The utilisation of a further £314,080.89 Section 106 contributions be approved.
(6) The varied Contract Award to Module-AR (as originally set out in report No HPR2021/032 B, 30th June 2021) be approved as detailed in the accompanying Part 2 report, for the Design and Build contract using the LHC NH2 Framework.
(7) Delegated authority be granted to the Director of Renewal, Recreation and Housing to proceed to procure and/or contract award for additional consultancy services as required to bring about completion ... view the full minutes text for item 357.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972 AS AMENDED BY THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (ACCESS TO INFORMATION) (VARIATION) ORDER 2006 AND THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000
The Chairman to move that the Press and public be excluded during consideration of the items of business listed below as it is likely in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings that if members of the Press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information.
RESOLVED that the Press and public be excluded during consideration of the item of business referred to below as it is likely in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings that if members of the Press and public were present there would be disclosure to them of exempt information.
The following summary
refers to matters involving exempt information
AFFORDABLE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT PROJECT YORK RISE AT YORK RISE, ORPINGTON (PART 2)
The Executive considered part 2 aspects of the report.